NITEL – Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per i Trasporti e la Logistica is a no-profit educational association, founded in 2003 July, it is submitted to the supervision of ministry of University and Research. 18 Italian Universities belong to the Consortium, they work in transport and logistic field and in correlated fields such as: safety, security, telecommunication, circuit theory, electronics, computer science, mechanic, environment. The goal of NITEL is to promote the best practice, the scientific research, the innovation, creating job opportunities for researchers in multi-disciplinary sectors that involve engineering, business, medicine, telecommunications, environment, chemistry and communication. The Universities of the Consortium represent highly expert entities that take advantage of existing expertise and that encourage the research and the innovation.
NITEL takes advantage of the support of different Ministries and of major Italian industries such as, for example, RFI, ANAS, Telespazio, Poste Italiane, members of the scientific committee, to exchange know how with the real word transferring the results of the university research.
NITEL supports companies developing research activities on topics in line with their industrial goals, implementing technology transfer of know-how, proposing innovative solutions, leveraging on the expertise of the research groups working in the consortium, and provides support to the design, prototyping and development of technologies and services.
The key factors are:
- Skilled and motivated academic team.
- Cooperation with experts from different technologies fields, research institutions (included other inter-university Consortia), valued companies which care innovation in technologies.
The guidelines of all activities at Nitel are:
- Share buildings and tools of the Universities, the Institutions (EU, Government, Parliament, etc.), national and international associations and enterprises.
- Organization of seminars and workshops and publication of books and papers with the aim to disseminate scientific results.
- Organization of high training school, skilled in transportation and logistics field, to supply interdisciplinary support for the design, implementation and management of equipment systems and services.
- Scientific researches in transportation and logistics field and in correlated fields sharing capabilities and skills and developing new strategies and research methods.